If you or anyone you know might be interested in this OCGOP/Unite OC supported candidate training program, please forward the attached flyer. We are looking to help conservative republicans to run for office in 2016. Thanks Dave Shawver.
The members of UniteOC, a conservation organization uniting conservative groups in Orange County, is sponsoring several classes to help conservative candidates learn how to run a successful political campaign and win elections.
The need for informed and well trained candidates with a compelling message is more important now than ever in this information world we live in today.
Chairman Fred Whitaker of the Orange County Republican Party recommends that candidates who are running for office should take advantage of the Unite OC Candidate Boot Camp
We are asking you, as current or past office holders, to please share this information with your network, and especially with people who might be candidates for an office in 2016. Our goal is to help conservative candidates win positions on Orange County Boards and City Councils.
To do this, we have put together a series of 3 courses, (September North County, October Central County, November South County) that will enable a potential candidate to develop a deep understanding of the US Constitution, develop and practice their public speaking skills, and learn about the process and activities required to plan and execute a successful political campaign.
The courses we will offer include:
· US Constitution Course This 5 week series of will provide the student with a deep understanding of the US Constitution and the principals inherent in our founding document. This series is available to everyone who is a patriot and wants to learn more about the history of the US Constitution and what the Constitution means for us today.
· Toastmasters for the Conservative Speaker Toastmasters is an international leader in communication and leadership development. We have created a custom program to help potential candidates learn to become effective political speakers so that they can better communicate their values to the electorate. This program is designed to prepare candidates to answers the tough questions they are sure to get. We are currently meeting on the 1st and 3rd Thursday at the OC GOP headquarters in Tustin. We start at 7PM sharp, so come and join us.
· Candidate Boot Camp This intensive 3 part training program will teach potential candidates how to successfully run for office. Each class will be taught by a current or past office holder or campaign manager. We will cover all of the subjects that a candidate for office will need to know to run a successful campaign. Topics will include: Developing and Presenting your Personal Political Principals, Creating a Candidate Action Plan, Fundraising, Legal and Financial Requirements, Endorsements, Precinct Strategy, Building Effective Websites and using Social Media, Developing Effective Campaign Materials and Dealing with the Media.
Each class will have homework assignments that will help the candidate develop the skills and knowledge they will need to conduct a successful campaign.
In addition to the valuable information the candidate will receive from these classes, if the candidate successfully completes the entire program (all three series of classes), they will be eligible to submit a request for funding from the Unite OC PAC.
Who are we looking for to participate in the Candidate Boot Camp?
· Those elected officials who will be running in 2016 that would like to sharpen their skills, learn more about the constitution and how to run a more successful campaign.
· Potential candidates who have the desire to serve their communities and are looking to learn more about what is involved in becoming a candidate from the experts.
· Young men and women interested in learning about the political process and may seek an elected office in the future. College students who would like to get involved in politics but are not sure how to start.
If you are interested in more information about the Candidate Boot Camp, please send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will send you an application and more information and schedule of the classes. Please note that attendance is not guaranteed and spaces will be filled on a first come first served basis.
Thank you for your consideration and interest in our Candidate Boot Camp program.
If you would like more information you can call Tom Pollitt at (714) 612-6864.or David Shawver 714-931-8863.